To become a world class entrepreneural educational institution, renowed for creativity, innovation, productivity and scholarship, where efficient, effective, and qualitative learning, that is focuse on deveoping the skills of individual students is enhanced.
Notre Dame College, Ozoro is a Catholic college with a commitment to the overall advancement of the students in a climate that will enhance their spiritual, moral, intellectual and human formation.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF NOTRE DAME COLLEGE OZORO
In 1956 HRM Orokpokpor Egware II the Ovie of Ozoro kingdom had a meeting with the Bishop of the Catholic Dioceses of Warri (Bishop Patrick Joseph Kelly) on the need to open a secondary school in Ozoro where the Church mission society was very strong. The Bishop gave his consent and support as he sees it as a means of evangelizing. HRM Orokpokpor Egware II set out for Ibadan to meet with the Minister of education Stephen Oluwole Awokoya on the need to open a secondary school in Ozoro. A move than was total rejected by the minister giving reason that a school has already been approved for Isoko by the then Western Region government for Isoko people hence they cannot open or fund two schools at the same time for Isoko. This decision was not pleasing to the traditional ruler who then took his case to Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Premier of the western Region.
HRM Orokpokpor Egware II categorically told Chief Obafemi Awolowo that if the school is not approved for Ozoro, the premier should be ready to loose Ozoro votes as he is ready to approach Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe who will be willing to establish a secondary school in Ozoro. Chief Obafemi Awolowo upon hearing that, immediately gave a directive to the education minister for approval of the establishment of the school as a mission school.
Notre Dame College Ozoro took off as a Catholic School on the 17th day of March in the year of our Lord 1957. It became the second grammar school founded in Isoko land. The Ovie of Ozoro, Orokpokpor Egware II gave out his storey building along Idheze road, in Erovie quarters that served as the only temporary building to enable the school start. The pioneer students and staff later moved into the present site donated by the Ozoro community.
The Catholic Mission remained the owner of the school until 1972 when all voluntary agency schools in the Midwest state were taken over by government. As a result of that exercise the school has remained a public school from 1973 to 2012.
In the year 2001 the college was renovated, fully equipped and upgraded to a model school with nineteen other secondary schools in the state by Chief James Onanefe Ibori’s Government when Chief Ighoyota Amori was Commissioner for Education.
In 2011, the Delta state government under the leadership of Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan announced the return of forty (40) public schools that were originally established by voluntary agencies and religious bodies to their original owners. Upon the return of the school to the Catholic mission, the school was turned into a mixed secondary school – a decision that has not gone down well with old boys of the school.
Since its establishment, the college has passed through the administration of twenty principals and has changed school uniform thrice. The school has produced Senators, members of the federal House of Representatives, states houses of assemblies, chairmen of local government areas, professors, medical doctors, pilots, sailors, Bishops, Rev. Frs., and numerous clergy men, educationists and academicians, publishers, movies directors and producers, Business tycoons, high ranking military men, great sports men, Legal luminaries, Journalists, architects, directors and chairman of various companies, community leaders, musicians, actors, the list is endless.